When your organization conducts any kind of business process, such as manufacturing or distributing products, these business processes generate delivery notices, invoices and purchase orders that must be funneled through your accounting department. If you aren’t currently using a type of paperless office software, that means there is a large amount of time and money being wasted on handling paper.
A document management solution can help your office accounting go paperless and benefit your entire organization.
If you ask someone in your Accounting Department how long it takes to get up from their desk and retrieve one paper document from a file cabinet, they may say two minutes. Once you figure out that getting up from the desk, stopping work, chatting with coworkers on the way, and just interrupting the general workflow, that process ends up averaging up to 20 minutes. That’s not even taking into account the time and effort wasted if the paper document is misfiled or stored in a separate location.
Fortunately, today’s enterprise content management solutions make it possible to replace all of that paper going through your accounting department with far more efficient paperless processes that save time and money.
Here are five ways your accounting department could benefit from using paperless office software:
- Saving time on document handling- In a paper-based accounting department, each document that comes requires a manual process. When you receive a purchase order, for example, you might label a new manila folder and set it aside. When the invoice comes in, you’d retrieve that folder and add the invoice. Eventually, you’d add a check copy, close out the order and put it in a file cabinet.
The Result is that your accounting staff spends more time than you think assembling and organizing paper. An enterprise content management solution saves an enormous amount of time by replacing each of those manual tasks with a few keystrokes of the click of a mouse.
- Reduced document storage and supply costs: All of the materials that go into a paper accounting process cost money, including folders, paper, ink, and file cabinets. There is also the cost of the storage space where all the paper is being filed. With paperless office software, all of the materials and physical space that you’re currently using is replaced with digital document storage at a fraction of the cost.
- Instant document retrieval: With electronic file management, your accounting staff is able to find any information they need in seconds, without having to get up, go to a file cabinet and search through folders hoping whoever filed it did it correctly. With enterprise content management, you also make it possible for everyone in your organization to access any documents required to move a process forward.
- Faster response time for inquiries: Paperless office software also makes it easy for your accounting department to answer inquiries from outside parties, such as vendors and customers. With a paper-based system, when someone calls to ask about a payment or a purchase order, you have to stop what you’re doing, hunt down the documents you need and then call the other person back to provide them that information. Electronic documents take only seconds to retrieve, allowing you to respond quickly to inquiries and eliminate steps.
- Faster invoice processing: When a paper invoice arrives at your accounting department, a person first needs to look at that piece of paper and type the information into your accounting system or ERP system. With electronic invoice processing, on the other hand, that data entry is replaced with electronic invoices or a combination of scanning and OCR processing. You start out with all of the information already captured in your accounting system, saving significant amounts of time and reducing errors.
In any type of business, incoming orders and invoices must go through the accounting department for processing. Implementing paperless office software at this point sends a ripple effect throughout the organization, improving productivity and reducing costs.
Daycare When a daycare opens, they strive to be more than just a provider of child care. The Daycare's goal is to encourage and supervise educational play. Altek has been able to help Daycare's around the area with the newest technology in office equipment to ensure that they are able to meet all of their goals. Managed IT Services
Non-Profits Non-Profit companies are on a stricter budget than most, considering the majority of the budget is coming from federal and/or state grants, donations and foundation funding. This means that Non-Profits have to make sure that every dollar they are spending is spent wisely. Imaging Solutions With the newest technology, reduce your overall cost for printing all the
Marketing Firms When it comes to marketing, image is everything. Which is convenient, because when it comes to printing, image quality is everything. With Altek, you can guarantee you are getting the best image quality possible. Our full line of machines from Kyocera and Xerox start with black and white machines that can print over 130 pages a
Veterinarians When it comes to Veterinary and Animal Hospitals, it's all about the pets. When we sit down and work with a Veterinarian Office or Animal Hospital, we find that most are focused on providing consistently great service to their patients, and in turn keeping the owners happy and coming back. Most Veterinarians are now offering even more than just
Docuware Kinetic Solutions for Employee Management Behind every HR team are daily, time-consuming processes the keep employees informed and motivated and the business organized and safe. Docuware Kinetic Solution for Employee Management delivers key preconfigured workflows to keep your HR team productive, compliant and service-oriented. See how Kinetic Solutions and Intelligent Indexing can transform your HR department. There are
How Kinetic Solution Can Increase Your Profits Even if your business processes run differently than everyone else, which, let’s be honest, it does in its own way, they all share key requirements and decision points. Kinetic Solutions turn these common denominators into smooth digital workflows that you can further adapt to your team’s needs. Docuware's Kinetic Solutions provides the functions