Your IT systems are doing more than just sending emails and authoring documents. They are catalysts for your success. When your team has the right technology, it can operate as efficiently as possible.
A strategic technology plan examines where your technology is today and where it needs to be to help you achieve your strategic organizational goals. If, for example, you want to grow your business by 50%, you need an IT infrastructure that can scale to meet your new demands and continue to empower your growth and success.
Technology planning is more than just identifying the right tools for your team. It is a comprehensive approach to technology that is carefully interwoven with your business objectives. The Altek team has extensive experience helping businesses like yours to plan strategic technology.
The Elements of a Strategic Technology Plan
The technology planning process looks a little different for every organization. We provide a bespoke experience to each of our clients that is suited to their unique requirements. Nonetheless, you can expect a few key elements from every strategic plan:
- Technical Assessment: This is an assessment of the current state of your technology systems. It should describe all the major infrastructure and systems, including hardware and software that help power your business.
- Needs Assessment: This assessment examines your goals and what you need to achieve them. It is a systematic exploration of what needs to change in order to meet your strategic business objectives.
- Initiatives Description: The plan will also describe the proposed initiatives that will help bring your current technological state in line with your needs.
- Metrics and KPIs: Finally, some described key performance indicators will be used to measure success. Like any other strategic initiative, technology needs to be measured to be managed.
How Can a Strategic Technology Plan Help Your Business?
Developing a strong strategic technology plan for your business can help you achieve your long-term goals. Every business, from single-person ventures to global corporations, should have some sort of technology strategy. These are a few of the key benefits:
- Improved Productivity: Ultimately, the most immediate benefit of any technology audit or plan will be an improvement in productivity. Your IT systems exist to help your team work efficiently. With the right tools in place, your people can get more done in less time.
- Avoid Gaps in Technology: With a strategic plan, you will be as ready for your technological needs a year from now as you are for your current needs. This means that you can avoid any gaps that may otherwise emerge between your resources and your requirements.
- Better Evaluation of Technology: Technology is everywhere in the modern business world. By creating a strategic plan, you will more closely examine your IT systems. This will help you to rationalize them, invest in what is working, and move on from anything that isn’t.
- Process Improvement: By the same token, working on technology planning will help you to improve your workflows and processes. Technology is at the heart of business operations. So, improving your technology gives you a chance to improve your operations too.
Get the Right Help With Your Strategic Technology
Altek has been serving businesses of all sizes since 1991. Let us empower your business’s continued success with our strategic technology planning solutions. Contact us today to learn more.