My Computer Was Hacked. Now what?
Immediate Steps To Take When Your Computer Is Hacked
The steps that should be taken immediately when your computer is hacked or infected. Cybercriminals will use your computer to obtain confidential data and spread the virus to the rest of your network.
- Immediately disconnect the computer from your network and the internet. If the computer is connected by network cable you simply need to unplug the cable. If your computer is connected via WiFi you need turn off the WiFi connection. This can be done in Setting – Network & Internet – WiFi.
- Reset all your passwords to strong and unique in case any of your passwords were stolen and being used on your email, websites, etc.
- Enable multi factor authentication on all of you accounts to prevent hackers from resetting accounts.
- Restore computer system by reloading Operating System and restore last clean backup.
- Check all other computers on your network for virus by running full system scan.
- Report it.
You should report the incident to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov) which is run by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The FBI uses the reports to investigate crimes, track trends, and threats, and, in some cases, even freeze stolen funds. Just as importantly, IC3 shares reports of crime throughout its vast network.
You should consider adding additional safeguards of email spam filtering, MDR, 24/7 security operations monitoring, password manager, DNS filtering, cloud application monitoring, drive encryption, and managed updates.
Avoid Scam by Spam
Do you have a proper email filtration in your organization? We design, deploy, and support IT solutions.
Did you know that 60% of companies go out of business within 6 months of a breach? And 80% of risks are due to internal negligence? Now more than ever, we need to be mindful of cyber protection and data loss! We provide automated IT network reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. We monitor your network using state-of-the-art security and automated reporting, schedule backups and update software remotely. What’s even better, our Help Desk is only a click or call away to assist your team regarding your IT-related concerns, offering you the peace of mind you deserve.
WISE WORDS FROM OUR IT DEPT.
Unfortunately, there is no magic solution to protect your systems and data. You must have a comprehensive, multi-layered approach and you need to adjust for the ever-changing challenges and potential threats.
Enhance Your Network Security
You must be prepared to isolate and eliminate the attack quickly before it takes over your entire network and your systems. Don’t gamble with the security of your organization and your customers – request your complimentary evaluation today.